9 Advantages of Seawater Desalination Systems
Advantages of seawater desalination:
- Provides people with potable water (clean & fresh drinking water).
- Provides water to the agricultural industry.
- Water quality is safe (not dangerous or hazardous to any living thing).
- Uses tried-and-tested technology (the method is proven and effective).
- Helps preserve current freshwater supplies.
- Unlimited ocean water as source.
- Independent of changing factors.
- Plants are safely located.
- Help with habitat protection.
 Seawater desalination systems remove dissolved salts and other minerals from seawater and turn it to drinking water which provide a solution for areas that have limited resources of fresh water and a reliable alternative source of water in times of severe drought
 Desalination also produces water that can be used for irrigation, which is great for arid regions or in many areas around the world that are experiencing droughts.
 Seawater desalination systems have been in use for decades now, and its method has been proven effective in creating fresh sources of drinking high quality water that is considered to be safe and reliable. The process has been tried and tested in many industries and applications over the years.
 As the freshwater supply on our plant is limited, we should preserve its resources by utilizing the method of desalination to eliminate water shortage crisis that the world might face.
 Seawater is almost an inexhaustible source to produce freshwater through desalination, so even in times of droughts, there will be sufficient access to fresh water supply.
 Unlike other solutions that heavily rely on uncontrollable factors like rain or snowfall, seawater desalination systems do not rely on anything other than the ocean or seawater.
 Desalination plants are usually located away from residential areas and some of them are located in industrial areas, so they don’t put residential areas at risk.
 Desalination plants can reduce the pressure on freshwater sources. Seeing the ocean as a water supply, might help with increase the awareness in protecting our oceans.
* Recommended seawater desalination systems: