The FILMTEC SW30HRLE-400i delivers high performance over the operating lifetime without the use of oxidative post-treatments and provides high NaCl and boron rejection to help meet World Health Organization (WHO) and other drinking water standards. DOW FILMTEC SW30HRLE-400i comes with the unique iLEC™ Interlocking Endcaps that reduce system operating costs and reduce the risk of o-ring leaks that cause poor water quality.
Uses for SW30HRLE-400i Membrane Elements
DOW FILMTEC SW30HRLE-400i offers high rejection and low total cost of water for seawater desalination.
- High flux reduces energy use or pressure required
- Good rejection results in good quality water
- High boron rejection
- Filmtec performance and quality
Proper start-up of reverse osmosis water treatment systems is essential to prepare the membranes for operating service and to prevent membrane damage due to overfeeding or hydraulic shock. Following the proper start-up sequence also helps ensure that system operating parameters conform to design specifications so that system water quality and productivity goals can be achieved.
Before initiating system start-up procedures, membrane pretreatment, loading of the membrane elements, instrument calibration and other system checks should be completed.
Please refer to the application information literature entitled “Start-Up Sequence” (Form No. 609-02077) for more information.
Avoid any abrupt pressure or cross-flow variations on the spiral elements during start-up, shutdown, cleaning or other sequences to prevent possible membrane damage. During start-up, a gradual change from a standstill to operating state is recommended as follows:
- Feed pressure should be increased gradually over a 30-60 second time frame.
- Cross-flow velocity at set operating point should be achieved gradually over 15-20 seconds.
- Permeate obtained from first hour of operation should be discarded.
- Keep elements moist at all times after initial wetting.
- If operating limits and guidelines given in this bulletin are not strictly followed, the limited warranty will be null and void. Refer to DOW™ FILMTEC™ Reverse Osmosis and Nanofiltration Element Three-Year Prorated Limited Warranty (Form No. 609-35010)
- To prevent biological growth during prolonged system shutdowns, it is recommended that membrane elements be immersed in a preservative solution.
- The customer is fully responsible for the effects of incompatible chemicals and lubricants on elements.
- Maximum pressure drop across an entire pressure vessel (housing) is 50 psi (3.4 bar).
- Avoid static permeate-side backpressure at all times.
|Product||Part number||Active area ft2 (m2)||Maximum operating pressure psig (bar)||Permeate flow rate gpd (m3/d)||Stabilized boron rejection %||Minimum salt rejection %||Stabilized saltrejection %|
|SW30HR LE-400i||246512||400 (37)||1,200 (83)||7,500 (28)||92||99.65||99.8|
Dow Water & Process Solutions offers various premium seawater reverse osmosis (RO) elements designed to reduce capital and operation cost of seawater RO systems. DOW™ FILMTEC™ elements combine premium membrane performance with automated precision fabrication and maximize system output to provide unprecedented performance.
The DOW™ FILMTEC™ SW30HR LE-400i element offers a combination of high rejection and low energy requirements to allow lower total costs with medium and high salinity feedwater. DOW FILMTEC SW30HR LE-400i element comes with the distinct iLEC™ Interlocking Endcaps that help reduce system operating costs and reduce the risk of o-ring leaks that cause poor water quality. See Form No. 609-00446 for information on the cost-saving benefits of iLEC Interlocking Endcaps. Benefits of the DOW FILMTEC SW30HR LE-400i element include:
- Enables systems to be designed and operated to optimize operating cost through lower energy consumption or to optimize capital cost through higher productivity at lower operating fluxes.
- High NaCl and boron rejection to help meet World Health Organization (WHO) and other drinking water standards.
- Effective use in permeate staged seawater desalination systems without impairing the performance of the downstream stage.
- High performance over the operating lifetime without the use of oxidative post-treatments. This is one reason DOW FILMTEC elements are more durable and may be cleaned more effectively over a wider pH range (1-13) than other RO elements.
- Automated, precision fabrication with a greater number of shorter membrane leaves reducing the effect of overall fouling and maximizing element efficiency, helping to lower your cost of operation.
- Membrane Type Polyamide Thin-Film Composite
- Maximum Operating Temperaturea 113°F (45°C)
- Maximum Element Pressure Drop 15 psig (1.0 bar)
- pH Range, Continuous Operation 2 - 11
- pH Range, Short-Term Cleaning (30 min.) 1 - 13
- Maximum Feed Silt Density Index (SDI) SDI 5
- Free Chlorine Tolerance <0.1 ppm
Ideal Applications Include:
Municipal drinking water