Clack Catalytic Activated Carbon is a high activity coconut shell based granular carbon that is specifically designed for the reduction of chloramines and hydrogen sulfide from potable water.
Manufactured from select grades of coconut shell coal to produce a high density, durable granular product capable of withstanding the abrasion and dynamics associated with repeated hydraulic transport, backwashing and mechanical handling. Activation is carefully controlled to produce exceptionally high internal surface area with optimum pore size for the adsorption of a broad range of low molecular weight organic contaminants and oxidizing agents like chlorine and ozone.
|Part No.||Description||Cu. Ft. /Bag||Wt./Cu. Ft.||Bags/Pallet||Weight/Pallet||Pallet Dimension|
|A8062||CAT-HAC 12x40 mesh||1||28 lbs.||70||2000||40" x 45" x 76"|
• Color: Black
• Mesh Size: 12 x 40
• Bulk Density: 28 lbs./cu. ft.
• Effective Size: 0.55-0.75 mm
• Ash Content: Max 4%
• Iodine Number: 1,000 mg/g
• Moisture as packed: Max 5%
• pH 10
Certifications and Approvals:
• NSF/ANSI Standard 61
• AWWA B604-96
Conditions For Operation:
• Water to be filtered should preferably be free of oil and suspended matter
• The water to be filtered should be relatively free of turbidity for maximum service life
• Water pH range: wide range
• Bed depth: 26-30 in.
• Freeboard: 50% of bed depth (min.)
• Empty bed contact time 3 minutes minimum
• Dissolved Oxygen Concentration
4 ppm (mg/L)
• Service flow rate: 5 gpm/sq. ft.
• Backwash flow rate: 8-10 gpm/sq. ft.
• Backwash bed expansion: 30-40% of bed depth
• Upon installation, backwash to remove carbon fines before placing unit into service
• CAT-HAC is an outstanding coconut shell based material for applications requiring chloramine, hydrogen sulfide and dissolved organic compound reduction. This product can be used for filtering water having a wide range of pH levels.
• Large surface area results in an exceptionally high capacity and efficiency.
• Balanced pore structure gives a more efficient adsorption range.
• CAT-HAC is very durable so losses due to attrition are kept to a minimum.
• CAT-HAC has a very high carbon, low ash content.
• CAT-HAC will impart a high “polish” to the filtered water.