Reverse Osmosis & Water Treatment in Malawi
Malawi, officially the Republic of Malawi, is a landlocked country in southeast Africa that was formerly known as Nyasaland. It is bordered by Zambia to the northwest, Tanzania to the northeast, and Mozambique on the east, south and west. The country is separated from Tanzania and Mozambique by Lake Malawi.
Malawi is generally considered to be relatively rich in water resources, which are stored in the form of lakes, rivers, and aquifers.
The World Bank reports that at least 80 countries have water shortages and 2 billion people lack access to clean water. More disturbingly, the World Health Organization has reported that 1 billion people lack enough water to simply meet their basic needs, unfortunately in many countries water is scarce or contaminated.
Pure Aqua provides wide range of filtration and economical solutions based on the Malawi's water resources.
Malawi's main water resources are:
- Surface water “is water from river, rain water, lake or fresh water wetland, which can be treated using different methods, such as Ultrafiltration Systems, Media Water Filters, Brackish Water RO.
- Ground Water or brackish water is from water located in the pore space of soil and rock “Borehole well”, which can be treated using Reverse Osmosis Systems, Media Water Filters, Chemical Dosing, UV Sterilizers.
- Government water supply, which could have high level of hardness or high level of chlorine, can be treated with Water Softeners, Media Water Filters
Pure Aqua manufactures water treatment systems that meet the World Health Organization requirements.
Water challenges in Malawi
While about 75% of the Malawi population has access to fresh water due to the abundance of amount of water sources throughout the country, a sizable amount of inhabitants still are left without any means to safe drinking water. The water challenges in Malawi consists of untreated water that is:
- Filled with disease ridden microorganisms
- Unprotected from industrial waste
- Unsecured from organic substances
- Unresistant to different weather patterns
- Not impacted from disasters such as floods or droughts
Water treatment solutions in Malawi
Pure Aqua has made the Malawi’s water issues a major priority and has taken a direct action in manufacturing and delivering water treatment systems to improve water quality conditions in the country.
Completed Water Purification Projects for Malawi: