Reverse Osmosis & Water Treatment in Burundi
Burundi is a landlocked nation in Africa.
The World Bank reports that at least 80 countries have water shortages and 2 billion people lack access to clean water. More disturbingly, the World Health Organization has reported that 1 billion people lack enough water to simply meet their basic needs, unfortunately in many countries water is scarce or contaminated.
Pure Aqua provides wide range of filtration and economical solutions based on Burundi’s water resources.
Burundi’s main water resources are:
- Surface water is water from a river, rain water, a lake or a freshwater wetland, which can be treated using different methods, such as Ultrafiltration Systems, Media Water Filters, Brackish Water RO.
- Ground Water or brackish water is from water located in the pore space of soil and rock “Borehole well”, which can be treated using Reverse Osmosis Systems, Media Water Filters, Chemical Dosing, UV Sterilizers.
- Government water supply, which could have high level of hardness or high level of chlorine, can be treated with Water Softeners, Media Water Filters
Water challenges in Burundi
While Burundi is a country with high amounts of water resources, the demand for water is routinely unmet and sanitation services are drastically limited. Burundi’s water provision and sanitation industry has faced major damages through decades of warfare and mismanagement. The available consumable water and quality sanitation services decreased as the growth in population within Burundi’s urban centers. High mortality rates have resulted from increasing waterborne diseases due to households obtaining drinking water from contaminated sources such as rivers, lakers, wells, and unsecure standpipes.
Water treatment solutions for Burundi
Pure Aqua has developed water treatment projects with the aim of increasing water quality and sanitation coverage through enhanced coordination. Specifically, some of our goals include:
- Restoration of water treatment systems that supply considerable amounts of drinking water to communities
- Enhanced sanitation and hygiene of the public
- Building improved reverse osmosis systems in locations with huge disparities in water availability
- Cohesive management of Burundi’s water reserves through comprehensive multipurpose intelligence systems
Pure Aqua manufactures water treatment systems that meet the World Health Organization requirements.
Completed Water Purification Projects for Burundi: