Hydranautics Membrane Bioreactor (MBR) Modules
Hydranautics offers submerged modules with PVDF hollow fiber for MBR applications. Compared to conventional activated sludge treatment, MBR and particularly HYDRAsub® produces high-quality permeate water suitable for RO treatment. This drastically reduces the footprint by the elimination of sedimentation tank and operation at higher MLSS.
Two types of technologies are available:
- HYDRAsub® technology uses a microfiltration fiber with a pore size of 0.4 µm. Modules size proposed are ranging from 15 to 1500 m2
- HYDRAsub®MAX technology uses an ultrafiltration fiber with a pore size of 0.05 µm. Modules size proposed are ranging from 40 to 2400 m2
The key features of the product are a high flux operation, a low footprint requirement, a very simple process and a very robust material for an extended life time.
Hydranautics has designed and patented a unique diffuser system incorporated within the stainless steel cage for optimized aeration. These two technologies are suitable for municipal and industrial wastewater applications (chemical, textile, food and beverage or palm oil applications among many others).
HYDRAsub® membranes are more effective in comparison to conventional systems when it comes to producing ultra pure water for reverse osmosis treatment. This advantage dramatically lowers the footprint at higher concentration of suspended solids. The main characteristics of the membrane are a small footprint requirement, high flux operation, straightforward process, and highly durable material for a long-period of time.
Hydranautics membrane bioreactors are made to come with a special diffuser system that is mixed with stainless steel cage for efficient aeration. These two technologies are acceptable for industrial, municipal wastewater and other applications such as:
The MBR has some distinctive advantages compared with the conventional treatment systems:
- Compact design
- Stable system
- Minimal production of sludge
- Great effluent quality through the filtering of suspended solids and biomass
- Maintains concentration much greater than conventional systems