HYDRAcap is a technology using ultrafiltration PES hollow fibers (0.025 um pore size). The modules are suitable for a wide range of applications including ground water and pretreated surface water for potable water production. The low fouling hydrophilic structure enables to operate at high fluxes for long filtration periods.
Hydranautics has more than fifteen years of experience providing HYDRAcap modules (available with a 0.8mm ID fiber diameter or a 1.2 mm ID fiber diameter for high solids load applications).
The HYDRAcap+ range exhibits 20% higher membrane area than standard HYDRAcap range for the optimized footprint.
Regarding UF permeate quality, a 5 LRV bacteria and 4 LRV virus can be achieved thanks to tight pore size (0.025 µm).
All HYDRAcap models meet these following certifications for potable water applications: NSF61, ACS (France), DWI (UK).
- Filtrate Flow: 14.7 – 35.7 gpm (3.3 – 8.1 m3/h)
- Filtrate Turbidity: ≤ 0.07 NTU
- Virus removal ≥ 4 log
- Bacteria removal ≥ 4 log
- Type Configuration: Capillary Ultrafiltration Module
- Membrane Polymer: Hydrophilic Polyethersulfone
- MWCO, nominal 150,000 Daltons
- Nominal Membrane Area: 605 ft2 (56 m2)
- Fiber Dimensions: ID 0.031” (0.8 mm), OD 0.055” (1.4 mm)
The stated performance is initial (data taken after 30 minutes of operation), based on the following conditions:
- Backwash Flux: 100 – 150 gfd (170 – 255 l/m2Backwash Duration: 30 – 60 seconds
- Backwash Frequency: 20 – 60 minutes
- Chemical Enhanced Backwash Frequency: 0 – 4 times per day
- Chemical Enhanced Backwash Duration: 1 – 30 minutes
- Disinfection Chemicals: NaOCl, H2O2, ClO2 or NH2Cl
- Cleaning Chemicals: HCl, H2SO4, NaOH or Citric Acid
Standard Operating Limits:
- Typical Filtrate Flux Range: 35 – 85 gfd (59 – 145 l/m2/h)
- Maximum Applied Feed Pressure: 73 psig (5 bar)
- Maximum Transmembrane Pressure 20 psig (1.4 bar)
- Maximum Backwash Transmembrane Pressure: 20 psig (1.4 bar)
- Instantaneous Chlorine Tolerance: 100 ppm**
- Instantaneous Hydrogen Peroxide Tolerance: 200 ppm
- Maximum Chlorine Exposure: 200,000 ppm-hrs
- Maximum Instantaneous Feed Turbidity: 100 NTU
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 104 °F (40 °C)
- pH Operating Range: 4.0 - 10.0
- Cleaning pH Range: 1.5 – 13.0
- Operating Mode: Inside to Outside Filtration
Ideal Applications Include:
- Ground water
- Pretreated water