DOW FILMTEC TW30-4040 is an industry standard for reliable operation and production of high quality water. It features a 34 mil feed spacer to lessen the impact of fouling and may be cleaned over a wide pH range (pH 1-13) for the most effective cleaning.
- High flux results in high yields;
- High rejection provides good water quality;
- Filmtec performance and quality
Proper start-up of reverse osmosis water treatment systems is essential to prepare the membranes for operating service and to prevent membrane damage due to overfeeding or hydraulic shock. Following the proper start-up sequence also helps ensure that system operating parameters conform to design specifications so that system water quality and productivity goals can be achieved.
Before initiating system start-up procedures, membrane pretreatment, loading of the membrane elements, instrument calibration and other system checks should be completed.
Please refer to the application information literature entitled “Start-Up Sequence” (Form No. 609-02077) for more information.
Avoid any abrupt pressure or cross-flow variations on the spiral elements during start-up, shutdown, cleaning or other sequences to prevent possible membrane damage. During start-up, a gradual change from a standstill to operating state is recommended as follows:
- Feed pressure should be increased gradually over a 30-60 second time frame.
- Cross-flow velocity at set operating point should be achieved gradually over 15-20 seconds.
- Permeate obtained from first hour of operation should be discarded.
- Keep elements moist at all times after initial wetting.
- If operating limits and guidelines given in this bulletin are not strictly followed, the limited warranty will be null and void.
- To prevent biological growth during prolonged system shutdowns, it is recommended that membrane elements be immersed in a preservative solution.
- The customer is fully responsible for the effects of incompatible chemicals and lubricants on elements.
- Maximum pressure drop across an entire pressure vessel (housing) is 30 psi (2.1 bar).
- Avoid static permeate-side backpressure at all times.
|Product||Part number||Feed Spacer Thickness (mil)||Permeate Flow Rate gpd (m3/d)||Stabilized Salt Rejection (%)|
A complete range of DOW FILMTEC™ 4040-size elements is available to meet a wide variety of customer needs for commercial applications, from the highest purity water to the lowest total system costs.
- DOW FILMTEC XLE-4040 is the most productive, lowest pressure RO membrane available, delivering the lowest total system cost.
- DOW FILMTEC LP-4040 delivers high quality water at low pressure operation. LP-4040 replaces many “first generation” low pressure membrane elements and will purify more water in many older systems, especially on cold water feeds.
- DOW FILMTEC TW30-4040 is the industry standard for reliable operation and production of the highest quality water.
Tape-wrapped elements are built with the same high quality membranes and materials of construction as industrial elements, except for the hard outershell, and are more economical for commercial systems with one or two elements per housing.
- Membrane Type Polyamide Thin-Film Composite
- Maximum Operating Temperature 113ºF (45ºC)
- Maximum Operating Pressure 600 psig (41 bar)
- Maximum Feed Flow Rate 14 gpm (3.2 m3/hr)
- Maximum Pressure Drop 13 psig (0.9 bar)
- pH Range, Continuous Operation 2 - 11
- pH Range, Short-Term Cleaning (30 min.) 1 - 13
- Maximum Feed Silt Density Index (SDI) SDI 5
- Free Chlorine Tolerance <0.1 ppm
Ideal Applications Include:
Commercial Water treatment systems
Medical and research institutions