DOW FILMTEC SW30-4021 membrane elements have one of the highest flow rates available to meet the water demands of both sea-based and land-based desalinators. DOW FILMTEC SW30 elements may also be operated at lower pressure to reduce pump size, cost, and operating expenses.
Uses for SW30-4021 Membrane Elements
- High flux reduces energy use or pressure required;
- good rejection results in good quality water
Proper start-up of reverse osmosis water treatment systems is essential to prepare the membranes for operating service and to prevent membrane damage due to overfeeding or hydraulic shock. Following the proper start-up sequence also helps ensure that system operating parameters conform to design specifications so that system water quality and productivity goals can be achieved.
Before initiating system start-up procedures, membrane pretreatment, loading of the membrane elements, instrument calibration and other system checks should be completed.
Please refer to the application information literature entitled “Start-Up Sequence” (Form No. 609-02077) for more information.
Avoid any abrupt pressure or cross-flow variations on the spiral elements during start-up, shutdown, cleaning or other sequences to prevent possible membrane damage. During start-up, a gradual change from a standstill to operating state is recommended as follows:
• Feed pressure should be increased gradually over a 30-60 second time frame.
• Cross-flow velocity at set operating point should be achieved gradually over 15-20 seconds.
• Permeate obtained from first hour of operation should be discarded.
• Keep elements moist at all times after initial wetting.
• If operating limits and guidelines given in this bulletin are not strictly followed, the limited warranty will be null and void.
• To prevent biological growth during prolonged system shutdowns, it is recommended that membrane elements be immersed in a preservative solution.
• The customer is fully responsible for the effects of incompatible chemicals and lubricants on elements.
• Maximum pressure drop across an entire pressure vessel (housing) is 50 psi (3.4 bar).
• Avoid static permeate-side backpressure at all times.
|Product||Part Number||Applied Pressure psig (bar)||Permeate Flow Rate gpd (m3/d)||Stabilized Salt Rejection (%)|
|SW30-4021||80740||800 (55)||800 (3.0)||99.4|
Improved DOW FILMTEC™ seawater reverse osmosis elements offer the highest productivity while maintaining excellent salt rejection.
• DOW FILMTEC SW30 membrane elements have the highest flow rates available to meet the water demands of both sea-based and land-based desalinators.
• DOW FILMTEC SW30 elements may also be operated at lower pressure to reduce pump size, cost and operating expenses.
• Improved DOW FILMTEC seawater membrane combined with automated, precision element fabrication result in the most consistent product performance available.
• Membrane Type Polyamide Thin-Film Composite
• Maximum Operating Temperature 113°F (45°C)
• Maximum Operating Pressure 1,000 psi (69 bar)
• Maximum Pressure Drop 15 psig (1.0 bar)
• pH Range, Continuous Operation 2 - 11
• pH Range, Short-Term Cleaning 1 - 13
• Maximum Feed Silt Density Index SDI 5
• Free Chlorine Tolerance <0.1 ppm
Ideal Applications Include:
Marine (yacht) applications